Tuesday, September 9, 2008

China Adventure Begins




We are here and haven't had time to breath. We are muddling through. The language barrier is incredible! What an exhausting chore even to make it through the grocery store. We have seen some amazing sites and we are getting settled in despite a few set backs. Terry, the master teacher, started classes this week. I start my classes the 22nd. I have freshman who are required to do mandatory military training before school starts. The are adorable marching around campus in their little uniforms....blue camo....thousands of them. There are 70,000 students at Qingdao University. We are trying to get our pictures in some kind of order and figure out how to send around. I vow to get better and more frequent with the blogging. Terry is now the 1st counselor in the branch presidency and I am the young women's president. We have to speak in Sacrament on Sunday. I feel like I've been swept into a whirlpool and I can't catch my breath. We miss you all and love you all. Thanks everyone for your emails and news from home.

2 comments:

DeAnna Packer said...

BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!!!!
Unbelievable Doings. Can't even imagine what is going on with you two in China.... The family is having so much fun talking about your great ADVENTURE. Can't believe you look so good---I'd be stressed out! GOOOOO CHINA!!!

Brenda asked me the other day if you had 'blogged yet', and I said no. I repent. You did it! Super!

lori said...

So glad to see some activity on here! Every day we ask mom and dad for the "Julie and Terry update" =) We can't believe you're so involved already! Way to jump in with both feet!

We miss you and wish you were here to see baby brother. Was so sweet to hear your voice on the phone. He's TINY. Lucy is adjusting pretty well. Mom and Dad took her to see the pugs...so she's not suffering too much!

Wish we could be there to hear your lessons and talks! We're so glad for your examples of sharing so much of yourselves and so much gospel light in such a far away place!

Good luck with everything...and KEEP POSTING! We know you've taken more pictures than that! (Mom has shown up proof! But we won't always be here by her computer...so start sharing the love!)

LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1