Friday, April 24, 2009

Lantern Festival











On a foggy, cold night (in February) we went in search of the
"Lantern Festival." We went to the park, but found nothing. We had a lovely walk through the park and to Bathing Beach No. 1, but it was deserted. We were headed back to our part of town, (and to McDonalds) but happened to get off the bus at May 4th Square when we saw a Pizza Hut. As we were eating, fireworks started going off...they didn't stop all night.....you think I'm kidding.... We went down on the beach and everywhere people were lighting paper lanterns (kind of like mini hot air balloons) and sending them into the air. Fireworks lighted up the sky in every direction. It was quite fun. We bought some lanterns and sent them up ourselves--sending our wishes and prayers for all back home up to the heavens.

2 comments:

DeAnna Packer said...

HOW FUN.... Such different and delightful things to do.... You will have to bring those traditions home with you.

Loved seeing your faces. (Wish I had NOT taken off my face for bed.) Oh well.... I know you love me. :)

Adam and Dantzelle said...

Hey! That looks like fun! Is it still pretty cool there or is the weather getting nice? I can't wait to see your pictures of the kite festival! I have loved the pictures from your trips! We miss you!